- Fares published are adult fares, applying to all passengers who have reached their 12th birthday.
- Adult commuter ticket vouchers can be pre-purchased in bulk for a 10% discount.
- Children under 3 years of age, when accompanied by an adult passenger and not occupying seats will be carried free of charge.
- Children under 12 years of age, occupying seats, will be charged $20.00 per ticket.
- Round trip fares are equivalent to two one way fares
- Winter rates are equivalent to summer rates
- The early run on Thursdays in the winter has the same rate as every other daily run.
Dogs, cats, and other animals or birds will be carried for $10.00 per pet under the following conditions:
- Pets will only be transported when in approved pet carriers
- Pet owner must supply kennel and be able to carry it aboard.
- All pets will ride on the back deck.
Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, will be carried free of charge. The animals will not be permitted to occupy a seat, but must stand at or lie at the feet of the passenger bringing it on board the vessel.
- Hand baggage not exceeding 75 pounds for each adult and child fare will be carried free.
- Baggage is the responsibility of the passenger bringing it on board.
- For baggage weight in excess of the free allowance above, the charge will be 0.25 cents per 1 pound.
The carrier will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, storms, or other conditions beyond its control. Though every effort will be made to meet the published time schedule, the carrier makes no guarantee to arrive at, or depart from, any point at a specific time.
EXTRA EQUIPMENT RATES
- Bicycles: $20.00
- Kayak: $40.00
- Rifles: FREE
- Skis: One set per person FREE
No service Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The company reserves the right to refuse service to transport persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or who are incapable of taking care of themselves, or whose behavior or condition has the potential to be objectionable to other passengers.
A refund will be issued if the reservation is cancelled at least two weeks prior to the travel date. A $5.00 booking fee will be charged for all cancelled reservations. If the vessel is unable to provide service because of mechanical or environmental difficulties and Backcountry LLC chooses to cancel the trip for any of these reasons, all tickets will be refunded in their entirety. Unused tickets will be redeemed at the purchase price. Unused portions of round trip or commuter tickets will be redeemed by charging the regular fare or fares for the portions used and refunding the balance of the purchase price.
All flag stop or private dock reservations must be made prior to 9:00 am on the day of travel for downlake travel and 12:00 pm on the day of travel for uplake travel.
ROUND TRIP FARES
Round trip fares will be computed at the same price as 2 one-way tickets. One way fares will be $39.00 per ticket.
Maintenance will be done Spring (May 1-5) and Fall (October 11-15).
- Tickets are only good for the day and specific run they are purchased for.
- Commuter ticket vouchers can be pre-purchased in bulk for a 10% discount.
- Tickets will be purchased online, inside the boat at the dock or through an authorized agent.
- Tickets can be printed off or kept on an electronic device to be shown upon boarding the vessel.
Passengers requiring a wheelchair can board or depart the vessel at Fields Point, Lucerne and Stehekin. Wheelchairs can be dropped off at private docks by prearrangement. Backcountry Travels LLC accepts no liability for any passenger before or after boarding the vessel. All passengers are urged to know their own limitations.